Re: T3 RH mirror

> As I recall, fastbacks came with only a driver's side mirror, but the
>  door on the other side had what looked like a flat painted dimpled
>  plug in a hole that could be removed to install a second mirror.  I
>  know that if you remove a stock mirror from a car that came with it
>  you will see that there is a large nut welded to the inside of the
>  sheet metal.  Does anyone know if the "far side" door on a fastback
>  actually already has that nut in place and how you remove the "plug?"
>  Is it possible that some (later?) notches came with similar "plugs"
>  in the far side doors?

Yes, yes, yes ! All tough my notch is a '63, it has a nut-plate on the inside
of the sheet metal (for the right-hand mirror). Since the car was an original
paint car when I bought it, I would assume that it *came* with this. I may be
wrong though, but it did appear to be factory. I think we're on to a big
scandle by VW....                   ;-)

kevin chapman