Re: filthy rich

On 31 Oct 97, Steve Bradley wrote:

> I talked to a local VW mechanic today. He said one side of the
> trigger points control cylinders 1 and 3 and the other side controls
> 2 and 4. Is this right?

/close but no cigar.  At least you were lucky enough to find someone
who knew that there WERE trigger points.  One contact controls 1 & 4,
the other controls 3 & 2. (see the firing order in there?)

> Is it possible the 2 and 4 side on the trigger points are sending
> signals that cause the injectors to fire out of sequence and thus
> flood the cylinder?

It IS possible that you have the wrong connectors on the wrong
injectors.  Check the Bentley manual; I THINK the connectors with
grey covers go on the rear (rear is rear) injectors, 2 & 4.  I don't
know if this might cause your problem.

> How do you check this on the distributor?

Problem can't be there.

Jim
                             Laura Kepner-Adney
                         jadney@vwtype3.org