Fun with a Sqbk

Soon after I bought my '67 Sqbk, my brother also got one, and a
friend of his got a '66.  I got my inspiration from my cousin's
girlfriend who had a Fastback '68.  That's not part of my story, but
I thougt it was neat.  This was back in the late 70's.

My brother (the artist type) had a, shall I say, unique approach to
life.  One of his *challenges* was to drive on the freeway (don't do this
at home! do it on the freeway) without using his hands to change lanes.

With a straight and level freeway and a properly aligned Squareback
he could change lanes by using the wing windows.  By opening the
right wing, the drag on the Sqbk is increased, the vehicle changes
it's heading and veers right.  The longer and farther out one pushes
the wing, the faster the lane change.  To straighten out, one uses
the wing window on the left to veer the Sqbk to the left.  It takes
LOTS more to correct a veering than it does to initiate.

One time made too much of a lane change and the only way to keep it
from going too far was to open the driver's door.  Now, that adds
some drag!

- Jeff '67 Sqbk (still have it!)