Re: Weight

Subject: Re: Weight
To: Trish & Ted Davis <volkfolk@erols.com>

GVWR stands for Gross Vehicle Weight Rating.  This means what maximum weight for which the vehicle
is designed to carry (i.e. car plus passengers/cargo/fuel).

GVWR is a combination of Front GAWR (Gross Axle Weight Rating) and Rear (Gross Axle Weight Rating).
It is the sum of what both axles are rated or designed to carry.

The actual weight of a vehicle is defined either by: tare weight or curb weight.

Tare weight is the bare weight of the chasssis/vehicle.

Curb weight is the total of the tare weight (bare weight of the vehicle) plus passenger plus fuel.

I hope this helps and I have not made it too confusing.

Andrew
71 F.I. Auto Fastback