T3 weight

My baby weighs in around 2400lbs with spare tire and full tank.
Toby Erkson

Subject: Re: Re[2]: personal D-Jet opinions (long)
Author:  type-3-errors@umich.edu at SMTPGATE
Date:    5/29/97 7:59 AM

On Wed, 28 May 1997, Toby Erkson wrote:

> With all this talk about the possibility of a 914 engine (which is
> basically the same as a T4 or late bus engine) doesn't mean you'll be
> getting the same performance.  The 914 is nimbler and lighter than a T3,
> not to mention a little more aerodynamic with a 5-speed.  It's not a
> station wagon like our subject is  :)

OK, does anyone know what a squareback weighs? The 914 is just about
2,000#. I thought these veedubs were lighter than that.

Dirk Wright           wright@pioneer.uspto.gov             1971 BMW 2002
"I speak for myself and not my employer."               1974 Porsche 914 2.0
"A real hifi glows in the dark and has horns."            1965 Goodman House