RE: Ignition Switch

If you don't have the same key for your ignition as your door, I suggest the following.  Remove the steering wheel.  Remove the turn indicator switch assembly ( four screws and pull wire harness off rear before removing).  Remove two screws on key housing.  On the ingnition switch itself there is a small hole near the top.  Insert a tiny screwdriver or the end of an allen wrench, press, and pull key tumbler assembly out.  Replacement is reverse of this.

If you already have two keys for your car, it might be cheaper to get a whole new tumbler and key from VW or check with a yard that might have the keys to a junker.  This may be less expensive than a locksmith.

Kevin Toney
bodhran-man@bigfoot.com
"Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human.  At best he is a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear shoes, bathe, and not make messes in the house."  L.L.