HELP! My '73 squareback died!

Hi fellow Type 3 lovers!!

I was crusing along fine yesterday at 55 mph when my car started
"lurching" and gradually lost speed.  I went about 8 miles and then I
was unable to even get it above 35mph.  I had to replace the brain
(computer) about 2 years ago and it seems to be having the same
problems, the car is only running on 2 cylinders, at least it sure seems
like it.  I had the car tuned up 7 months ago and had the valves
tightened and replaced the voltage regulator, and generator. This
morning I could barely even get the car to start and idle.
Any ideas??  I am hoping its not the brain again as they are hard to
find!  Would appreciate any suggestions as it is my "daily driver" and
now I'm stranded and my wonderful mechanic is in the process of
relocating his shop.  Take care all!
Pamela
'73 Squareback