a word about the electronic ign controversy

Any time you have a question about a product application the manufacturer has
a number (usually toll free) to call that will put you in touch with an
engineer who will be able to answer you question with authority.  I have
spoken on occation with both the fellows at Petonix and Compufire and they
are both quite knowledgable about their products and possible applications.
 I like to read the annecdotes and opinions offered on this type 3 forum but
there are authoritative answers only a phone call away.  The ads for these
products run in the car mags usually have the tech # right at the bottom of
the ad.
     I opted for the compufire setup as it doesn't require the initial
adjustment that the petronix unit does and this allows for easier roadside
swaps if need be, also it allows for a completely stock cap rotor etc and the
petonix does not...
                                                          Michael Dawson
                                                               66' fstbck