Re: Electronic Ignition???

>>From: "Adriaan Loedolff" <ADRIAAN@norton.ctech.ac.za>
>
>>I have installed the Pertronix unit in a T3 distributer. You need to
>>get a rotor that has a thin shaft or alternatively you should cut the
>>outer collar off the rotor shaft. I have done the latter and have not
>>experieced any problems to date.
>
>Yes, this would have done it, but it was not my car, and I didn't want to
>put in a fixes that would require a special (or modified) part next time.
>One person responded that they thought a Pertronix model was available for
>the T3, but I no one has confirmed that and we still don't know if it will
>fit the FI dist.

I have Pertronix in both of my FI T3's.  There is a real version and part number for the FI T3.  I will look it up tonight and let
everyone know.  The kit came with a new rotor. I hear this is the one advantage CompuFire has over Pertronix is that
CompurFire works with the exsisting rotor. The Pertronix units have worked great.  I still check the timing after doing the valves,
just havn't had to change anything. YEA!

Craig Woolston
'70 Sqback and '71 Fastback (both auto FI)
cwoolsto@ladc.lockheed.com