Subject: RE: Re[2]: Electronic Ignition???
Author:  type-3-errors@umich.edu at SMTPGATE
Date:    5/20/97 4:48 PM

----------
From:      Toby Erkson[SMTP:Toby_Erkson@ccm2.hf.intel.com]
Sent:      Tuesday, May 20, 1997 9:25 AM
To:      type-3@umich.edu
Subject:      Re[2]: Electronic Ignition???

If you want to split a thick hair I feel the Pertronix is better because it
uses a series of magnets to trigger the electronic unit while the Compufire
uses an electronic eye.  The magnets won't be affected by dust, ice or
water inside the dizzy; the electronic eye can (since this stuff shouldn't
be in there this probably only concerns off-roaders).

I'm not sure which C-Fire system is being referred to here, but the
Compu-Fire basic points replacement setup and the Pertronix both use the
same Hall cell trigger, i.e. magnets.  I even did a reality check on mine,
nope no electronic eye!

Curt
70 sb auto