64 notch that hates the summer

ive got a 64 notch that seems to hate the heat.. im not good with anything
mechanical so maybe someone can help me..  after i take semi long trips in my
notch (approx 20-30 mi) my car wants to stall or die at stops unless i give
her gas and also when shes real hot she just wont start.. i mean she wont
even turn over.  its kinda like theres not enuff juice to turn it over but
when shes cold she starts like a charm..also when she is hot i get this funny
little chirping in my engine compartment, kinda like a tweety bird....what
can you tell me?

tommy vette
64 notchback
97 jetta gt