Wheel beauty rings

>From: Jason Renville <Jason_Renville@ccm.al.intel.com>

>Myself I like the beauty rings with a chrome hubcap either stock or
>Porsche "nipple style"  I think these look very good when accented by
>body color paint.  I think Jim Adney sells stock type 3 rims that are
>already sand blasted???  Jim is this true?  How much?  This way you
>could have a body shop of choice paint them and still drive the car.

I have them sand blasted, then I prime and paint them.  -69 they are all
black, 70- are all black, w/silver outside face.  They are EXACTLY as
originally sold in the US.  I think this is the same as the rest of the
world, but I have been wrong on that so many times that I won't dare make
that statement again.  I suppose that I could do something special, but it
would have to wait for a time when I have a batch to do.  The paint is
catalyzed polyurethane enamel (Polane.)

Price is $35 @ for average wheels, $5 core charge.  Price can be varied a
bit if you ask for something special or just need a straight set of utility
wheels. I am amased at how good even the really rough, rusty ones look once
you get good rubber on them and mount them on a car.

I had a car where the PO had painted the wheels to match the body.  Maybe it
was the color (tan/beige) or maybe it was just me, but I think that car
looked 100% better when I got silver wheels back on it.  And, yes, I like
the beauty rings on the early body style, too.

I have a variety of wheels, most Type III years 66-73.  A few type I wheels
also that have gotten mixed in.  I haven't tried shipping any of these, but
I supppose it could be done.

Jim
       jadney@vwtype3.org               jradney@njackn.com
                             Laura Kepner-Adney