Wheel beauty rings

I am thinking of buying the wheel beauty rings that fits around the hub as advertised in
the Rocky Mountain Works catalog.  What do you all think of them?  I am comparing this
option with my stock chrome wheels, or changing them out to 5-spoke Empi's.

I am planning to restore my car to its traditional look. What look do you'all think will
look nicer?

My turn signal lever broke.  I took the steering wheel off the steering column this
weekend and proceeded to remove the turn signal assembly.  I unscrewed the
four screws that held the assembly to the steering wheel hub.  But then, the assembly
would not come off the column.  I had the assumption that the connectors can be
disconnected by tugging at the assembly along the steering column and in the direction
towards me.  It appears the assembly seems to be held too tightly by
the wires/connectors.  Am I doing this correctly?  The Haynes and Bentley manuals do not
offer much info in this area of repair.

Any ideas for a T-3 novice will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Andrew (in Seattle)
1971 F.I. Auto Fastback