re: MPG Survey in MPG, KPL, MPL, and KPM

Gang,

Ok. To make it a little easier for all of you.  Assume 1 gallon = 4.54609
Litres and 1 Mile = 1.609334 kilometres

Miles Per Gallon	Kilometres Per Litre	Miles Per Litre
Kilometres Per Gallon

1972 Notchback, no mods, only bits missing, dual carbs.
City
17		6.018067834	3.739477221	27.358678
Highway
33		11.68213168	7.258985194	53.108022

1973 Fastback, stock. FI Manual 1600
City unsure
Highway
40		14.16015961	8.798769932	64.37336

I knew my Excel Spreadsheet capabilities would come in handy one day.  I think
I've got the calculations correct.  But that's what Excel is telling me based
on the MPG figure.  Hope this helps with the comparison.

Wasn't the earlier single carburettor model able to get 45MPG?  I think Dad
told me he used to get 45MPG on his single Carb, 1500 Squareback.

Regards,

Wayne
'72 Notch
'73 Square