Re: add sunroof? NEED VENTILATION!

Toby Erkson wrote:

> May I suggest a ragtop? :)  Just look at the picture of my baby in the
> scrap book to get an idea.
>      Toby Erkson
>      air_cooled_nut@pobox.com
>      '72 VW Squareback 1.6L bored and stroked to 2.0L
>      '75 Porsche 914 1.8L for sale
>      Portland, Oregon, USA

> Subject: add sunroof? NEED VENTILATION!
> Author:  type-3-errors@umich.edu at SMTPGATE
> Date:    5/14/97 5:25 PM
>
> Our 66 squareback needs ventilation badly.
> What is the reality factor of adding a sunroof?
> The problem is that if someone is riding in the back,
> or if the kid and the dog are riding in the very back
> or on the deck with the seat down, there is NO AIR back there.
> This is going to be a real problem in Texas, where it is commonly
> in the high 90's in the summertime.  I MUST do something
> to get more air back there.  We have popout windows on the sides,
> but they don't do anything, and, bless VW's heart, the front windows
> are a bad design in this respect -- they do not get ANY air
> to the back.  Ironically, the engine seems to get plenty cooling air.
>
> Ideas welcomed!
>
> --
> g-r-a-t-e-f-u-l-l-y---[   email:<fishbowl@conservatory.com>   ]---l-i-v-i-n-g
> d-e-a-d-i-c-a-t-e-d---[     http://www.conservatory.com/      ]-----l-i-g-h-t

Ok, I'm going to throw something NOT really car related out here, but
PLEASE don't let the kid ride in the very back! I realize we all did it
and lived, but there are so many maniacs out there today, and besides,
if Junior's in the backseat he/she's nearer the open pop-outs and cool
breezes. That's all...and the rag top sounds (and looks) good. Just a
concerned Mommy's two cents... -T ;)