Re: cig lighter

>From: "Woolston Craig" <cwoolsto@ladc.lockheed.com>

>My '71 Fastback has the lighter right below the windshield wiper switch (3"
OC) and to the left of the fresh air vents (3'" OC).  It is
>the black plastic one with the smoking cig on it.  Wasn't sure what kind of
car we were taking about?

71s came with an "extra" hole there which was used if your car came with the
optional gasoline powered heater.  The cigarette lighter was a dealer option
that required that the hole be drilled out to a much larger size.  The
original question was for a T3 Ghia.

Jim
       jadney@vwtype3.org               jradney@njackn.com
                             Laura Kepner-Adney