Re: clutch question

On 05/13/97 22:24:06 you wrote:

>A previous post to this list stated that some mechanic installed a new
>clutch disc w/o a new pressure plate, and the thing chattered like
>crazy.  Well, that was what I was planning on doing when I finally get my
>engine together.  The surface on the plate looks fine, no fingers broken
>and all are even.  I thought that a new disc with an old(but
>servicable)pressure plate was fine.  Any disagreement?  It is a stock
>rebuild.
>Bryan
>73 sq

Personally, I'd rather have new parts in there that I know the condition of.  A new pressure plate(and clutch disc) is cheap insurance to keep from having to tear the thing out again. I've taken some out that I've kept as spares against the day when they might not be readily available, but haven't reused them yet.  I think my last new one ran about $40-50.  If you look at a new OEM one and your old one, you'll see the difference.