Re: Squareback wanted!

>Hello all. I enjoy all the posts here. I am the proud owner of a 1971
>Beetle convertible, yet my life is missing something. I have decided that
>that something is a squareback. What year is the best year? What can I
>expect to pay for one? (not restored-I wanna have that fun!) I live in
>Auburn, Alabama, and they are pretty rare around here, as far as I can
>tell. I just need some pointers. Please help a Type 3 newbie! I hope ya'll
>don't mind! Thanks in advance!
>Mark E Hood
>Auburn, Alabama
>mehood@mindspring.com
>"It doesn't take all kinds, there just are all kinds."
>-Winston Churchill

Hey Mark,

I have a couple of Sqaure's, but alas not are for sale....I am using them to
make one car. I am in Jacksonville, Florida and one of the cars I bought
from a guy in Alabama around Columbus Ga. (he lived in Ga. the cars are in
Al.). I bought a '69 Square for $225 (no title though) but he did have
others..Here's his name and email, Greg Fetner, fetnerg@mindspring.com

I would expect to pay $500-1,000 for a good (complete) starter car. Try if
you can to get a complete car, its hard and expensive to find parts. Thats
why I have 4 Square's....just to build one good solid one.

As for years, well that is a matter of personal taste. I personally like the
early style years '69 or earlier. And I would suggest a '69 because it was
the only year of the old body style and the IRS rear end.

Any thing else just ask the list......
Sean
'69 Square
'71 Square (parts)