Subject: Re: Dyno Testing Q's
Author:  type-3-errors@umich.edu at SMTPGATE
Date:    5/6/97 2:47 PM

Freewheeling down hill helps cool two ways.  Little combustion heat due to low
rev's + more air forced past cooing hardware.

Revving the VW increases the combustion heat generated but also increase the
cooling air to compensate.  The increase in cooling is more than the
increase in temp due to combustion.