RE: Automatic Transmisson 71 and 73

>From: "Woolston Craig" <cwoolsto@ladc.lockheed.com>

>But can't they all be used in any of the years bodys assuming FI vac
modulator used with with FI?  Meaning the mounting and
>engine connections are all the same?

I assume all versions mechanically interchange.  I see no reason why they
shouldn't.  But there may be subtle differences in the valve
body/governor/vac modulator that will affect their behavior.  For example if
you put a 72 AT on a 71 without changing the valve body or governor which
Vac modulator do you use, the early or the late FI one?  I don't know.

Jim
       jadney@vwtype3.org              jadney@vwtype3.org
                             Laura Kepner-Adney
                             Madison, Wisconsin