Re: preignition?

On Fri, 28 Mar 1997, Alan W. Presley wrote:

>complete is spelled this way on the cover).  This timing method is the
>best for VW. And it's SO easy.

I don't want to sound like I know anything... I do not..  I am the compleat
idiot, and most unlucky with cars...  So... thanks.
It's just that the static method is so *wrong* for my '71 Bus engine (009)
that I have kinda not taught myself how to do static timing.

>how long has it been since you gave it an all out tune-up?

I'll let you know how it goes!

>First, you unclip the big black bulb holder disc from the back of the
>guage. (Look under there sometime and you'll see what I mean). This
>
>After the first time, you can do it while sitting in the driver's seat
>and not even look under the dash.
>
>BE CONFIDENT!

Thanks AL!

>You must have ticked her off, Hmmmm?  And she decided to freeze your but
>in retaliation...

The kind westy "We Made It!" kept us warm and fuzzy :-)
The squareback is a new addition to the family.  I haven't even
had it on the road much... First thing I did with her was take her
to a shop to have the front end rebuilt.  Notice I'm not complaining
about the handling or braking :-)  She runs great, and is controllable
at 80mph.  Not that I'll ever try that again :-)

--
g-r-a-t-e-f-u-l-l-y---[   email:<fishbowl@conservatory.com>   ]---l-i-v-i-n-g
d-e-a-d-i-c-a-t-e-d---[ http://www.conservatory.com/~fishbowl ]-----l-i-g-h-t