Re: asnwers, please! Well, here's two...

David,
I have bolt-on valve covers and have NEVER experienced leaks.  19ft-lbs is
the proper torque.  Use the stock, cork gaskets and not the neoprene ones.
I found that [when I had stock valve covers] the cork ones work best.
Also, there should be a rubber O-ring that fits between the cover and the
bolt head.

I have my front disc rotors cross-drilled and haven't had any problems with
the setup.  I don't have any info with me now but when I get home I'll pull
the receipt and let you know who to call (it's in California).  I wish I
had spoked rims so I could show 'em off, they look cool!  Don't worry about
the rumors of cross-drilled rotors cracking -- only if you do LOTS of HEAVY
braking, like in autocross, will this possibility occur.  For everyday
driving (and I drive like I'm in an autocross :) there won't be any
problems.  And don't forget, they're better in wet weather, too.
     Toby Erkson
     air_cooled_nut@pobox.com
     '72 VW Squareback 1.6L bored and stroked to 2.0L
     '75 Porsche 914 stock 1.8L for sale