Pan sections

Hi Everyone,
I'm fairly new to your ranks, I have a question that you have probably
solved before:

I am currently helping on a restoration of a 65 Notch
like most VW's of its age in this area (NC), it needs
a pan, or at least rear pan sections, both sides.
I have seen the adds for new fiberglass ones, But I don't
have confidence in them.  Are there any suppliers out there
that have metal pan sections?  Are there any suggestions on making
bug or ghia sections work (I can find them).
The body is currently off of the pan and I am very interested
in the final product looking as true to VW as possible.

Also, any of you that attend the VW events by the IVWA at the
Farmington, NC dragway drop me a line <rrosborne@mindspring.com>
I am located 10 miles from there.

Thank you in advance,

Ryan