FWD: Re: rear end noises

>Yea! noone wants to hear those rear end noises!
>
>There should be NO play in or out or up or down on the hub coming out of the
>trans!

This may be the problem then.  Any hope of rebuilding or do I search for a
'new' transmission?

Now, you mention up-down and in-out play.  The play is rotational - is that okay
or a sign of bad things to come?

>There should be no up or down play in the joints but SHOULD be in and
>out play in the driveshaft.  Its possible to assemble the CV's wrong but they
>wont move then.  Did you get your Balls mixed up??  As in life each unit is
>mated with its own set of balls and they may not work p[roperly in another
>joint.

I did not take the cv joints apart so the balls are in their proper places...
On the good side, if the diff is the cause, that means I have a spare cv joint
for the parts bin.

Dave