Re: Sunny Decimation

Jeff Carver wrote:

> All this damage comes over the vehicle slowly, more slowly than rust,
> less evident than metallic oxidation, but just as damaging to the
> respective parts.
>
> All good reasons for car covers, garages, carports, etc.
>
> - Jeff
> '80 Westi, '67 Sqbk, '64 Ford Crewcab, '87 Subaru

Jeff,
My god, what a depressing and sad story, I almost felt like crying when
I read it. I could vividly see the poor old VW falling apart due to the
sun, finally fainting into dust. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, an apt
epitath for a tired old VW.
On the other hand,.... how about all the poor, old and tired VW's in the
everlasting rain, snow and low temperatures in countries like The
Netherlands that don't even have the time to fall to dust but who are
scraped because they are old and rusty while they are still awake, ever
thought about them, hey???
Slightly pulling your leg whilst crying,
Theo