Raising the rear-end

Toby Erkson wrote:

> To add...
>
> For a more controlled ride (stiffer) use KYB Beetle shocks instead of the stock
> T3 ones.
>
> I'm using after-market rims wrapped in 195/60R15.  I tried the 195/50R15 but it
> drops the body too close to the ground for daily driving (with the lowering
> included), *especially* when it came to speed bumps.  Removing the front tow
> hook may help but I don't think it's worth it.  55's would probably be perfect
> but at last check they are a more rare tire size than 50's and 60's and cost
> roughly $170/each!
>
> Jason, Les Schwab did my front alignment for $19.95... :)
>
>      Toby Erkson
>      air_cooled_nut@pobox.com
>      '72 VW Squareback 1.6L bored and stroked to 2.0L
>      '75 Porsche 914 stock 1.8L for sale

> Subject: lowering front end...
> Author:  type-3-errors@umich.edu at SMTPGATE
> Date:    3/14/97 8:27 AM
>
> Mark,
>         First I would like to point out that VW Trends did and article a
> few years out that had step by step instructions for the type three.  It
> also had pictures.
>
> So here is what I did:
>
>         Loosen lug bolts.
> HAVE A GOOD ALIGNMENT SHOP DO AN ALIGNMENT BEFORE DRIVING FOR ANY EXTENDED
> DRIVING.  YOU WILL GREATLY AFFECT YOUR TOE.  ALSO IF YOUR ALIGNMENT
> GUY IS WORTH
> HIS $29.98  YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO REMOVE THE STEERING WHEEL TO GET
> IT STRAIGHT.
> YOU CAN STRAIGHTEN THE WHEEL USING THE TIE-RODS.  VERY EASY TO DO.  DON'T TAKE
> THE WHEEL OFF TO DO THIS.
>
> Just as a side note--- I had 195/50/15's on Empi 8-spokes.  They rubbed
> slightly
>         on the fender well.  The offset was wrong for the type-3.  I use stock
> wheels now and they don't rub.  I am really pushing it though using
> 195.s on the
> 4.5 inch wheel.
>
>                                 Jason Renville

My question is How do you re-raise the rear end after someone lowered it

I have the Haynes guide for type3 but it's not very helpful.. if anybody
could help me (like step by step procedure) it would be helpful. my
squareback's ass is kinda drooping. I want it to be just like it rolled
out of the factory.... thanks RoosterSD@sprintmail.com