Wiring diagram's...

To all,
	I've spent a more time under the dash of my '66 squareback this past
couple months than I've spent driving it.  I feel I have a learned a few
things that would be worthy of sharing.
	First, the best wiring diagrams for type-3's I've found are in the
"factory" Bentley manual's.  However, the latest editions don't have
full color-coded print, so look for an older version (new ones are
$40!).  But the Bentley manual starts from '68 model on...  Haynes has a
crappy copy of the "older" wiring diagram (looks like a bad
photo-copy).  Last month I discoverd a manual at Powell's  (new/used
book store) that is way cool for pre '68 models: the Clymer manual.  It
has a good B/W copy of '62-'64 (push button dash), '64-66, '67,
'68,'69,'70, etc., plus supplemental for later years, and even 3
versions of the type-3 Karmann Ghia!  A word of caution, the '64-'66
diagrams found in Haynes and Clymer is actually a '65 diagram!  The text
of the Clymer manual describes how the '66 models vary from the '65.
	So, armed with all this literature I've discoverd my '66 is wired up
even another way.  This car is pretty untinkered with (I'm the third
owner), and it was factory wired with no front parking lights while in
the full headlight position.  Basicly, my #7 fuse ('66 front parking)
was factory spliced the same switch lead as the green dash light.  Well,
I can tell you that I didn't scrounge up a used wrap-around signal lense
to have the things shut off when I drive at night!  After some splicing,
my wiring  is now officially stock, or unofficially not stock...

Regards,
Peter Parker (Phillip's owner)