Alternative to expensive seals

Bill & Steves wants $70 for the long rear reflector seals.  I know reproing
something is expensive but were not restoring a split-window vette here!!

I have an alternative:  Antique Zenith radios used a rubber seal around the dial glass which should fit perfectly around the outside edge of the reflector
housings.  I think there like $2 a foot or so.
     The drawback:  there square so if your doing a concours resto there no good
but for the rest of us they would look like they belong and function properly.
     I'll let you know when I get mine installed.

Keith