Re: Generator Wrench???

>     Can anyone tell me if anyone sells the pully wrench described in
>     Muir's book to hold the type 3 generator pulley in place???

I went to a machine shop with a sketch (from Muir's book?  I can't remember...)
and had one made.  It is slickern goose grease with all the bends in the
right places and just the right size opening.

This item goes with me in my tool box in the Type 3 at all times, 'cause
a fan belt tends to want to break at the most inconsiderate of times and
places.

Best of all....I was prepared to pay some bucks to have the tool
fabricated, but the nice guy at the machine shop did it for free!
(Some people take pity of those poor misguided souls who are still driving VWs.....)

When I die, this tool will be in my will for the grandkids to fight over! Or maybe
I will just take it with me...in my Squareback!

Phil
dillard@suu.edu