new 1600

As of last sunday I have joined all you in the air-cooled crowd.  I
bought a '71 squareback with a automatic and sunroof for $300.  It's
doesn't have much rust, everythings quite solid.  But the engine is the
original and the odometer is stuck at 89k, which means it could really
use replacing(the engine I mean).  The big question is, where should I
get it?  My priority is for reliability, not more power.  I hear I
can't just get any old type I, or II engine.  But don't know much more
than that.

horizontally opposed,
Daniel Giesbrecht

'84 quantum GL5 wagon (for sale)