Re: Headlight/Front parking light

At 11:22 PM 3/7/97 -0800, you wrote:
>	Now the question for all those VWiser than I; are the front parking
>lights supposed to go off when pulling the light switch from park to headlight
>position?  Previously someone stated this might be a factory thing, if so,
it is
>lame, and I'm going to figure a way to bypass it...  Looks to me like I could
>connect the tail light wire/fuse (fuse #1) to the parking light fuse (fuse #7
>for a '66).  Has anyone done this?

Hi Peter,
        I'm not sure about your switch, but a lot of headlight switches have
connecters to set up the lights different ways. Some have a connector to
turn off the front parking lights when the headlights are on. You might
check your switch and see if there are any extra connectors and then pin
check them all to see what they do in the different positions of the switch.
Later,
Marty Gray           | Without Weapons The
Abilene, TX          | Air Force Would Be
pinball@camalott.com | Just Another Airline
1996 Dodge Ram CC SLT
1968 Volkswagen Type 3 FB (The Egg)