Subject: Re[2]: Type III Carbs (fwd)
Author:  type-3-errors@umich.edu at SMTPGATE
Date:    3/3/97 7:40 AM

Don't know how much this'll help, but...
Here's a product from JC Whitney:
     Carburetor with electromagnetic choke for 67-74 Beetle, Super Beetle,
     Ghia, Thing and 68-70 Type II Bus & Transporter.  Replaces all
     Solex-type 30 PICT-1, 2, 3 and type 34 PICT-3, 4.  For 1500 & 1600cc
     engines.  With idle cutoff valve, base adapter kit and hardware.
     $124.95 each.  Part No. 73GX6744R   Phone: (312)431-6129

I don't know it if comes with linkage (doubt it).  Seems to fit every damn VW
*but* T3.  The customer support people don't know specifics about the parts so
asking for their help is futile.  But with the brain power in this list maybe
someone knows if the part will fit (or the weight of the hammer used
to make it
fit ;)
     Toby Erkson
     air_cooled_nut@pobox.com
     '72 VW Squareback 1.6L bored and stroked to 2.0L
     '75 Porsche 914 stock 1.8L for sale