Subject: Weekend Problems - Heat Exchanger
Author:  type-3-errors@umich.edu at SMTPGATE
Date:    3/3/97 5:15 PM

Now I had no problem with the heat exchanger on the cylinder 1 & 2 side.  But
I do remember a few problems in getting off the one from Cylinder 3 & 4.  But
as the engine wasn't going to be going back together for a while I didn't
bother with seeing how things went.

Anyway, on the weekend, I took the oily, dirty, in bad need of some cleaning
heat exchanger off the cylinder 1 & 2 side of my other engine and put on a
nice and clean one.  (Engine is in the car)  Then it comes to do the other
side.  Well, I can't move the damn thing.  Pretty obvious when you know why.

Here's the question.  With a complete engine in the car, is it possible to
remove the heat exchanger from cylinder 3 & 4 without removing the following:
1. the head on that same side and all those other bits;
or
2. the whole fan assembly to remove the rear cross member to pull the heat
exchanger off.

Wayne
'72 Notch
'73 Square