Re: US Army type 3 (was: three times 69)

> Hi Roland,
>
> Thanks for the info. It sounds like the car was simply one of many civilian cars used for "administrative" purposes. I have a photocopy of an Austrian Army Variant, where they were used in larger numbers as 'Kommandanten- und Streifenfahrzeug". From what I can see it looks stock with full chrome trim etc., even a sunroof! Apart from maybe the paint the only thing "military" seem to be the M&S tyres on the rear wheels.
>
> In use unitl 1993 - the U.S. Army must surely have liked your type 3!
>
> Regards,
> Hanno Spoelstra <H.L.Spoelstra@WbMt.TUDelft.NL>
> Bloemendaal, The Netherlands

Ok you guys,
	This 69 varient was probably a civilian car, not used for "military"
purposes.  My brother lived in Deutschland for 4 years with the US Army,
and he had US Military plates the whole time on his personel car.  He
had two BMW 528i's, the first one he rolled over (unfortunately my CD
player was in the trunk...) after putting over 100,000 miles driving
around Europe.  He once drove to Turkey via Yugoslavia for a long
weekend.  I guess he did commute to work in it...

Peter Parker
'66 Square; Phillip
Portland, OR USA