age & gender & coming out

Hi there all

 Saw Dillardp's piece and thought I might as well 'out' myself rather

 than reply directly to the survey.

 I'm 52 (don't feel that old) and male, an Australian from Sydney and a

 government lawyer who works in the war veterans' area. I have only
owned

 a VW in the last couple of months. I wanted a car that you could play

 around with and maybe modify without having to spend big money. I
thought

 of plenty of cars before settling for VW's. I was influenced by the
number

 of VW's still around and the availability of magazines and books about
them.

 Now I've discovered the net community I reckon it's like being a part
of a

 family.

 I,rather hastily, purchased a cheap ($450) T3 1966 fastback (cars are
more

 expensive in Australia) that had run out of rego, had a bit of rust and

 slightly shabby interior. I'm now in the process of looking at it more
critically

 to see how far I should go (if at all) in restoration.

 My wife was not too impressed to see a tow truck pull up with the T3

 behind. My 4 year old daughter on the other hand loves playing inside
it

 and pretending to drive. She also looks out for all other VW's and

 points them out.

 Well, thats me briefly described. Hope I get to know a lot of VW
lovers.

John