Alternator conversion

Volks,
Due to a wedding and bad weather I was unable to take any pictures or write
anything down about my conversion, but I did learn (while passing some fool
in a Subaru) that if the belt isn't under enough tension that it can be
thrown around 5000rpm.  Luckily I'm pretty handy with impromptu repairs and
was able to put the belt back on (the idiot light worked!).
     Toby Erkson
     air_cooled_nut@pobox.com
     '72 VW Squareback 1.6L bored and stroked to 2.0L
     '75 Porsche 914 1.8L for sale
     Portland, Oregon
     http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/8501/