I got some problems.....

Well, I attempted to install my new engine (1776) and it seemed to go on
Ok, I turned the engine intil I got the best fit and then went ahead and
boltd it in. But when I put it in gear and turn the wheels it doesn't turn
the engine (it should, shouldn't it?). Then I hooked all of the wiring up,
I am pretty certain it is all right but my fuel pump up front under the gas
tank would not run and neither would the starter even though all of the
lights come on and the fuel pump used to work when the engine was out but
it would not work when I had the right rear quarter panel and lights taken
off, is it normal? :(
	And then I tried to adjust the clutch to have an inch or so of play before
it engages but the clutch pedal still feels loose even though the clutch
thing on the transmission still moves and I can't push the pedal all of the
way to the floor. I can't remember exactly how it is supposed to feel but
it doesn't feel right.
	And the guy that rebuilt It I believe that the may have put and different
plate on the back of the engine (clutch pressure plate?), it is the one
that you see when you remove the engine.

does anyone have any advice?
Sorry it is so long.

Jeff Palmer