Ok, here's an intro

I'll also jump on the intruduction bandwagon. But I'll be brief since I
don't even own a VW anymore!

I'm Graham, I'm a 24 year old Civil Engineering student attending Southern
Tech in Atlanta. I got my '69 Squareback when I was 17 and in high school
in 1989. I had many adventures in The Grahamobile and managed to maintain
it (at great expense) until '94. Due to a cracked head I took it off the
road and purchaced a temporary unamed badge engineered import. In '95 I
replaced the heads and exhaust myself and in doing so found out that the
head studs were again pulling out of the case, on my rebuilt motor with
only 10k miles on it! Seing as I had spent somewhere between $5k and $7k
on this car over the 35k miles I had driven it, I made the very tough
decision to sell it while it was still in good cosmetic and decent running
condition, and keep the substitute car until I graduate from school. The
guy I sold the car to still drives it today, but I think he's learning a
lot about VW mechanics.

I used to post a lot when there were very few people on this list. At the
time I was one of the few people who had a Squareback with an automatic
transmission and I was sort of the resident expert. But with nearly 200
subscribers (!) there are a lot of very knowledgeable people who can
better answer these questions. So I just lurk, keeping an eye out for
interesting Squareback's for sale, or just keeping the memories alive of
my favorite car.

In fact if Greg ever gets around to it (he's had my pictures for many
months now) my Squareback should appear in the owner's scrapbook someday.

Graham