Type IV in Type III Update

Hello all,

Some of you may remember that I was the guy wedging a type IV into a 70
fastback.  Well after many setbacks the motor is in and I am driving.  I
won't go into details yet as I don't feel that it is completely tested but
so far so good.  If you guys are interersted I can scan some pics of my car
and engine compartment....maybe somebody has a page that will put them up?
Let me know how and where to send them.

My story:
I am 24 years old, single and living in Winnipeg, MB, Canada.  I am have
been a computer consultant for about 5 years at Powerland Computers a local
computer manufacturer/solutions provider.  Over the years and out of the 13
odd vehicles I have owned two fastbacks and two buses.

My Fastback's story:
My yellow 70 fastback automatic was sold originally to a little old lady in
Northern Manitoba (still has the GM dealer sticker on it? I guess they sold
VW as well).  She drove it for a 20,000 miles then stuck it in a shed for
many years.  Her son decided he might convert it into some sort of
snowmobile contraption with skis.  My friend Lance's dad stopped that
nonsense and purchased it from the lady for $7 canadian (pretty good price
eh?)  He sold it to his son (same price) who drove it for 3 years or so.
At this point the car had about 50,000 original miles on it.  I negotiated
$250 and drove the car completely stock for two summers.  Then the motor
completely destroyed itself.  The car has 67,000 miles, a rebuilt type IV
1700 and a happy driver.

Lucas Penner (lucasp@mts.net)
70 fastback (minor carb problems)
65 split window bus (for sales - needs work)
65 pontiac custom sport
yellow moped