Re: anyone in the UK & rear suspension bushes

Breathe546@aol.com wrote:

> Hello
>
> is there actually anybody on here from the UK??

Hi there,
Yes I,m from Coventry in England.

Its been a while since I sent any mail to this list, as I've been on
Holiday, started painting our house, while still rebuilding the floor
and rear suspension on my 71 ish street / race fastback.

As for replacing the rear subframe bushes with motor and tranny in
place, I thi9nk that would be very difficult. There are five mounts in
all to be replaced, and to do this you need to lower the subframe, but
unfortunately the tranny is bolted to this. So lowering the whole would
be risky and too heavy, and you would have to disconnect the gear
linkage.

Nic Webb
Team Roobarb & Custard
71 Fastback