personal report

My name is Bryan Carlson and I am a college student in Springfield MO
(and yes, I will be at the upcoming VW event on Sat).  I am single and 22
years of age.  I have owned two vehicles, my 78 Toyota p/u, 170,00 miles,
and my 73 squareback, with who knows how many miles (it now reads 80,000
if anyone would like to venture a guess).  I bought my sq with a blown
engine and have never heard it run.  I currently have the case assembled
and am awaiting the time and the money to get the rest accomplished.
This list has been invaluable, as have the sermons of Bob Hoover, also
found on the net.
I run cross country and track for SMSU during the school year and I race
mountain bikes in the summer.  I also brew my own beer.  I currently work
at a local bike shop, but have worked at various child care centers in
southern Missouri, as I am studying to be a pediatric occupational
therapist.  That's probably all there is to know about me.  Wish me luck
with the rest of my engine (my first solo rebuild!).
Bryan