Personal report.

Hi there!  It's Mark Garcia, proud owner of a '73 Squareback.
Currently my wife wife Kimberly and I live in Santa Barbara, CA. (Home
to many, many different types of Volkswagens.)  Her grandparents bought
the car from the factory in 1973, drove it around Europe, and had it
shipped to the u.s.  Apparently, it was somewhat easy to do that back
then.  (Her grandpa even told me about his friends traveling to
Stuttgart and Munich, I think, to order Porches and Mercedes and having
those cars shipped...)  Anyway, The first car I remember my dad having
was a '71 Squareback.  Then he traded it in for a '74 Thing.  My wife
has had about two or three bugs in her time.  I myself have two Vespa
scooters, (two-stroke motors are as fun as the Squareback motor to work
on.)  Also a '78 BMW r 80/7.  I guess I like the German
horizontally-opposed engine design.

We are 30 and 28, respectively.  No kids as of yet. (but the Square
doesn't have rear seat-belts, anyway...)  I'm a probation officer and
she works in social services.

Let me take this opportunity to thank all who have answered questions
in the past-the answer ineveitably comes out.  This is a good group!