Re: Caught a rock...

On Tue, 3 Jun 1997 DILLARDP@edu-suu-lifac.li.suu.edu wrote:

>Is there a source for new windshields for a '71 T3?

For about $300.00, I'm told, Safelite Auto Glass can *make*
a windshield.  They have specs for all kinds of cars, they
take some laminated glass stock, and they bend it to the
shape with heat and pressure.

Supposedly, any glass you find is NOS and subject to delaminating
or other aging-related problems.

This info comes from the bearded guy at a local, very good, VW Shop,
but I didn't actually call Safelite.  I do think they're a national
chain, and it sounds reasonable enough.

On the other hand, doesn't RMMW advertise a windshield for $149?
Is this another thing they have in the catalog that is actually
not available?  I meant to ask last time I ordered, but forgot.

--
g-r-a-t-e-f-u-l-l-y---[   email:<fishbowl@conservatory.com>   ]---l-i-v-i-n-g
d-e-a-d-i-c-a-t-e-d---[     http://www.conservatory.com/      ]-----l-i-g-h-t