Subject: Re: type IV into Type III?
Author:  type-3-errors@umich.edu at SMTPGATE
Date:    6/2/97 10:35 AM

If you're worried about smoking you stock type 3 tranny, why not spend
the money to do it right.  Get a Gene Berg 5 speed and set it up right.
I got one for my 1900cc Berg motor (78mm stroke, 88mm bore) and it runs
like all hell was let loose.  I know a stock 914 motor can't hold a
candle to mine, so the Berg will hold up great.  Berg will work with you
100% on the gearing too.

Kenik Hassel
'71 fastback