Re: swimming pool in my squareback

I, too have had this problem.  There is a solution.

But first need to discuss the anatomy of the vent drain system.
>From the top and on down:
Vent on top, deflector for the air, water bucket, hole for water drainage,
rubber hose to drain the water bucket, metal tube, rubber thingy.

The rubber thingy is most aptly described as a duck bill.  Its like a
thin rubber tube slit down the middle, with the slit ends pressed
together.  It's there to prevent road goo from coming back UP the
tubing.

Anyway, knowing the anatomy.  Here's what I did.  I got a piece of
metal coat hanger, made sure that the end was NOT twisted, kinked, or
sharp.  I filed it round.  Gently push it through the vent from the
topside, or in Roland's case, from inside the swimming pool.

The wire, sharp, could rip or puncture the hose or duckbill thingy,
that's why you round it off.

Once you get a single hole through there, keep working it through a
bunch of times.  Once you getit through, bring it back a little, pres
again,  you're trying to get to the bottom of the obstruction, bring
it up a little, push out some more of the obstruction, repeat.

If your hoses are NOT punctured or ripped, start
adding some water by aiming a sharp stream directly at the hole.  It
can be aimed there.  Alternate water and wire, and working the wire
while the water is going also.

Whenever I wash it I aim a sharp spray
down through the hole to keep it cleaned out.

- Jeff '67 Sqbk