Re: Auto Transport, help me save a Ghia!

At 08:50 AM 6/1/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Cayson J Ellsworth wrote:
 The one recommendation I would make
>is to plot out your route and find the names (through this list or
>others) of any reputable mechanics in towns along the way, in case an
>emergency pops up that you can't fix roadside. It's really the only way
>to see the country. :) -Trish

I once heard of a national registry of VW mechanics that you can use as
insurance on road trips.  Anyone else heard of this?  If not I'll try to
find the original source of the rumor and get a little more info.

Shannon Darosett, St. Louis, MO USA
'70 Fastback (R.I.P. death by rust)
'73 Fastback (wounded)