Re: Auto Transport, help me save a Ghia!

Cayson J Ellsworth wrote:

> My uncle calls me today with the good news.  He says, "How would you like
> to baby sit a 71 Ghia 'vert?"  I says, "Phht, like you need to ask!"
> He's moving to Malaysia and can't take his cars with him.  He's got the
> T34 all set, but wasn't sure about the vert.  He says if its too
> expensive to ship cross country, he's going to sell it.  He's in Rancho
> Cucamonga, CA and I'm in Port St. Lucie, FL.  That's Los Angeles to West
> Palm Beach just to give you an idea of the distance.  Anyone have any
> idea how much this will cost?  Any recommendations?  Anyone offer to
> drive it here? :)  TIA
>
> Cayson Ellsworth
> 68 Fastback
> 72 Super

I am purchasing a '64 Deluxe T-2 from a guy near Salt Lake City, Utah,
and I live in Connecticut.  I called one place and they quoted me
$900.00 for shipping.  Luckily the owner in Utah has relatives in
Massachusetts and is going to tow it on a trailer.  He's been looking
for an excuse to come out East.

Maybe there's someone looking for an excuse to go to Florida on a
vaction.  That is if you would trust someone....

Charlie
'67 Square