Subject: Looking for a fastback...
Author:  type-3-errors@umich.edu at SMTPGATE
Date:    7/30/97 4:20 PM

Well, thank you one and all for your help and advice on the '64.  I went
back to him this afternoon and asked all sorts of questions.  He claims
the '64 is a type three, but this time I brought a friend with me who is
a bit more knowledgable.  The guy said he would look it up and get back
to me...now he isn't even sure about what year the car is.  The floor
panels have been replaced and welded, apparently the old ones had rusted
out.  The bondo repair was for surface rust, but with the floors having
rusted completely out I really wonder how truthful he is being.  It does
have seats, but they are pretty ripped up, so the lack of interior is
the carpet and the fact that the doors have nothing covering them.  It's
also missing the seals around the doors, so when it rains, it leaks
(which is how the floors rusted through).  Anyway, I offered him $700
and it seems I offended him.  He has decided to put it up for sale in
the paper until he gets the full 2 grand.  Thanks again for the help!