Re: Let's talk speaker placement...

I put a lot of thought in to installing speakers in my Notch, as we all
need loud, adrenalin pumping, music to hoon to.  Of course the theft
facter worried me alot.
	I found that the best place or rear speakers was under the rear
seat.  I dont mean under under, I mean mounted on the steel pannel that
the seat rests on.
	Sony 300watt 6"x9" speakers are the ones I went for.  They
fitted perfectly, and look really good.  Of course they are impossible to
see from outside the car so noone will help themselves to them.
	An angle grinder assisted me in creating the holes.  At first it
was a little scary, but no pain no gain :)
	I had to make up a bracket for the battery so that I could move
it back to make room for the speaker, and I used a bicycle brake cable
(and some skillful engineering) to reroute the heater cables.
	The sound from the speakers is quite good but I think cheaper
6x9's may be slightly muffled depending on how far back the front
seats are.

front speakers are not a finacially viable option at this stage, but they
will come soon...

Bored yet??
I am.

Simmo