Re: nice '68 for sale

At 08:42 PM 7/24/97 -600, Melissa & Jim wrote:
>On 24 Jul 97, Mjloren@aol.com wrote:
>
>> I have a 68 type 3 for sale and was wondering if any of you
>> guys would
>> be interested. It is actually in very good origional shape. It does
>> however have minor rust damage. The interior is almost perfect. It
>> is a FI manual transmission and it does have a limited slip
>> differential.
>
>Limited slip?  Really?  Are you sure?  I've never been sure that this
>actually existed, unless someone threw one in from a Thing.

The limited slip is actually a Type 2 number --211 517 025 D -- and was
available as an option.  In '67 the option number changed and included heavy
duty equalizer springs so it should be easier to recognize whether or not a
car has it.

Larry

Larry Edson					'66 Type 34 Karmann Ghia
sonofed@ix.netcom.com				'65 Type 345 w/ electric sunroof
http://freeyellow.com/members/type34/		'63 343 (project)